What should I put in my 1st Aid Kit? This is a common question I am asked during CPR classes.
Here are my top recommendations. Be sure to comment with any other items you keep in your 1st Aid kit.
- Barrier Device or Pocket Mask
- Band-aids (usually princess characters because of my 3 girls!) Remember to have a variety of sizes
- Guaze pads
- Rolls of Guaze (I usually keep 2 on hand)
- Ziplock baggies – in case we need to make our own ice pack (ice and water sealed in the bag works great!)
- Fast Action Ice Packs
- Neosporin Cream
- Benadryl Cream
- Alcohol swabs
- Sharpie Marker (to mark the size of any bites)
- Sunscreen – we use sunscreen year-round in Arizona and Texas 😉
Be safe this summer!
This month I have had the privilege of working with some great youth in my Babysitter Courses. We decided we should compile a list of questions the Babysitter’s should ask the parents.
- Home Address (i recommend having it posted near the phone or on the fridge in case of emergency)
- Phone #’s for the parents
- Location the parents will be with address and phone #
- Schedule they would like the kids to follow (meals, bed times, time limits on tv/games?)
- Expectations for the home (clean up dishes/toys/other items)
- Is there a helpful neighbor in an emergency?
- Is there a family member living close to call if parents are not reachable?
Do you have any other tips to help these ladies thrive as Babysitters? Post them in the comments